LBIC is an infrastructure within the Medical Faculty at Lund University, positioned directly under the Faculty Board. The Centre is under the leadership of the Director and co-director and is led and coordinated by the Steering Committee.
LBIC is made up of six technology facilities, each managed by a facility responsible person acting as coordinator of the activity.
- Microscopy: Lina Gefors
- Preclinical Nuclear Medicine: Rita Gidlöf
- Preclinical 9.4 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Michael Gottschalk
- Clinical 1.5/3 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Pia Sundgren
- National 7 Tesla Facility: Karin Markenroth Bloch
- Analysis and Visualization: Jonas Ahlstedt
LBIC is led and coordinated by a steering committee, with competences reflecting the equipment and bioimaging techniques represented by each platform.
Email: Gunilla [dot] Westergren-Thorsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46-222 86 95
Pia Maly Sundgren
Email: Pia [dot] Sundgren [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Mobile: +46 (0)706 24 15 61
Email: Pontus [dot] Nordenfelt [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 85 71
All proposed projects are evaluated by a Research Board, with respect to possibility to perform the intended experiments successfully, given the equipment available at LBIC. At the moment, there are three research boards connected to LBIC:
Preclinical Research Board
Ritha Gidlöf, Ph.D.
Email: Ritha [dot] Gidlof [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 09 33
Katarina Sjögreen Gleisner
Email: Katarina [dot] Sjogreen_Gleisner [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Email: Thomas [dot] Blom [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Email: Lina [dot] Gefors [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 07 12
Michael Gottschalk, Ph.D.
Email: Michael [dot] Gottschalk [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 73 01
Clinical Research Board
The Clinical Research Board is located within Region Skåne organization. For more info, visit their page. (The page is in Swedish) If you are english speaking person, you can also contact our facility responsible co-worker, Pia [dot] SundGren [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se (Pia Sundgren).
- Isabella Björkman-Burtscher, University of Gothenburg
- Boel Hansson, Lund University
- Gunther Helms, Lund University, vice chair
- Peter Lundberg, Linköping University
- Pia Maly Sundgren, Lund University, chair
- Karin Markenroth Bloch, Lund University
- Greger Orädd, Umeå University
- Cecilia Petersen, Skåne University hospital
- Örjan Smedby, KTH
- Göran Starck,University of Gothenburg
- Johan Wikström, Uppsala University