Our mission is to give our users support with and access to a broad range of microscopy techniques for nanoscale biological visualization, from electron microscopy to different advanced light microscopy techniques.
The Microscopy platform consists of two units, Advanced Light Microscopy and Electron Microscopy. We offer support in all stages of your project including; planning, sample preparation and optimization, optical clearing of larger samples, fluorescent probe selection, image acquisition, and post-acquisition image processing. For advanced image analysis and visualisation requests, we work closely with the Analysis and Visualization facility.
Example of studies that can be done:
- Subcellular localization of proteins or organelles
- Dynamic & Long term live-cell imaging
- Super-resolution imaging
- Host-pathogen interactions
- Imaging of sectioned tissue
- Imaging of optically cleared rodent organs
- Cell and tissue surface morphology (SEM)
- Chemical composition via backscattered electron detection (SEM)
- Sub-nanometer localization of immuno-labelled protein (TEM)
- Ultrastructural analysis of cells/tissue (TEM)
The platform provides access to a fully equipped histology laboratory with instruments available at hourly rates.
- Paraffin embedding system
- Cryostat (Leica)
Advanced Light Microscopy
- Nikon A1RHD + confocal system (live-cell imaging capabilities)
- Nikon A1 + confocal system
- TIRF/STORM: Nikon TIRF/nSTORM system (live-cell imaging capabilities)
- Zeiss CD7 automated live-cell microscope in Biosafety Level 2 laboratory
- MSquared Aurora Light Sheet Microscope
- FEI Tecnai Spirit BioTWIN Transmission electron microscope
- Jeol JSM-7800F field emission Scanning electron microscope
Both systems are specifically equipped to image biological samples.
+46 (0)46 222 07 12 or Lina [dot] Gefors [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46-222 09 12 or
Sebastian [dot] Wasserstrom [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Susanne [dot] Stromblad [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Biomedicinskt Centrum (BMC) D11
Klinikgatan 32, Lund